• May only be ground shipped domestically using Standard Post
• Total fluid ounces in any bottle/container cannot exceed 16 ounces (1 pint) for nonmetal, or 32 ounces (1 quart) for metal, containers
• Mailers may now ship multiple bottles/containers of flammable liquids (e.g. perfume) in the same package, provided the total volume of the flammable liquid doesn’t exceed 16 ounces (1 pint) for nonmetal bottles/containers, or 32 ounces (1 quart) for metal containers.
• Packages must include cushioning material sufficient to absorb all the liquid in the event of breakage
• Internal bottle(s)/container(s) and cushioning material must be enclosed in a sealed(water-tight) secondary container (such as a plastic bag)
• Packages must be marked “Surface Only” or “Surface Mail Only” and “Consumer Commodity – ORM-D”
• Mailers may optional use a DOT “surface” square-on-point marking (as shown below) instead of the “Consumer Commodity – ORM-D” marking